Where to store product anti-counterfeiting?

Hi Community,

Can anyone let me know where to store product anti-counterfeiting code? So that buyers can check the anti-counterfeiting code on the official website and verify the product’s authenticity. Should I use Asset.sericalNumber?

Thanks,

Wei

1 Like

There are other fields on the Asset entity that might match better, like the activation code might a more similar concept. What is the ‘anti-counterfeiting code’ you mentioned? You used the term but didn’t describe what it means, or more importantly for modeling purposes how it is used and what it is associated with.

1 Like

Thanks, David! I uploaded a sample for your reference.

I’m not sure what the point of an ‘Anti-Counterfeiting’ code like this might be, seems easy enough for a counterfeiter to find valid codes and print them with matching labels and such. That makes me wonder if there might be something more to it in terms of business requirements (for example tracking known compromised codes, though that would result in false negatives for the owner of the genuine item).

It’s possible this is really just a serial number with a marketing/security story added. Is there a separate serial number that goes along with the code (ie a pair of associated values)? The sample of a printed code is interesting, but is not adequate information to design for… how it is used is still a big question… and that would be how it is used by both the company and the customer.

1 Like

The company is selling car-engine oil like the following picture. I don’t think there is a serial number. The customer should be able to check if the product is genuine by entering the anti-counterfeiting code on a website.

Welcome @zhangwei!

Thanks for asking your question here.

First off, the correct category for a message like this is #technical-questions please change your topic to the appropriate category.

Second, when asking questions that are more technical online, the best practice is to provide all the context necessary for someone to answer it for you. In this scenario, the question you asked wasn’t nearly specific enough. Please take the time to explain as much relevant context to the situation as possible so that other people on the forum can simply understand your question fully enough to understand it. This forum is completely voluntary to participate in and to actually get your questions answered you need to value the answer’s time enough to give them all the relevant information rather than making them research your question more than needed.

Basically, I hope to be able to answer your question, but I need more help from you to do that.

Hi Miachael,

Sorry I dont know how to move message to technical-questions.

I dont have more information at the moment. But I think the anti-counterfeiting code should be used in many industries. And I think it is very similiar activation code.

Thanks,

Wei

1 Like

I moved this thread to #technical-questions.

When you get more information I’d be happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Protection against counterfeiting can work more accurately if, in addition to the barcode, the path of the goods is tracked. For example, a consignment of a product may have its own code, each product has its own identifier code. And a product with a specific identifier can only be sold in a specific place (store or be in stock).
If you do the product code, but sell it at another point (store), then it will be considered a double. And when the product is sold, the product code is archived as sold.