Unable to start Moqui from demo or source

Currently running in MacOS, JDK 17

Upon pulling down Moqui Demo
java -jar MoquiDemo-3.0.0.war load

Determined conf by default (dev conf file): null
Loading data with args {load=}
Unexpected problem occured during version sanity check
Reported exception:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Receiver class org.apache.logging.slf4j.SLF4JServiceProvider does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract java.lang.String getRequestedApiVersion()' of interface org.slf4j.spi.SLF4JServiceProvider.
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.versionSanityCheck(LoggerFactory.java:297)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:141)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getProvider(LoggerFactory.java:421)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:407)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:356)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:382)
	at org.moqui.Moqui.<clinit>(Moqui.java:37)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
	at MoquiStart.main(MoquiStart.java:146)
Error loading or running Moqui.loadData with args [{load=}]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'boolean org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.LoggerContextFactory.isClassLoaderDependent()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'boolean org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.LoggerContextFactory.isClassLoaderDependent()'
	at org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory.getContext(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:56)
	at org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.AbstractLoggerAdapter.getLogger(AbstractLoggerAdapter.java:46)
	at org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:33)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:357)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:382)
	at org.moqui.Moqui.<clinit>(Moqui.java:37)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
	at MoquiStart.main(MoquiStart.java:146)

I get the same result from the gradle source build on MacOS and Ubuntu.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Jim Mochel

Hi Jim, try JDK 11

1 Like

I just tried JDK 11 on MacOS using the amazon corretto jdks and have the same result

Perhaps can you give us the exact steps? What do you mean by “pulling down Moqui Demo” ? What are the exact steps you went through?

1 Like

I recommend using git and build Moqui from source. It has been a long time since the Moqui war has been built. That is most likely your problem.

Here’s the steps to build from source (this is how I run my Moqui instances):
https://www.moqui.org/m/docs/framework/Run+and+Deploy#FromSourceQuickStartwithElasticSearch

Instead of getting the PopCommerce / HiveMind component I recommend the MarbleERP component which is one application that contains both PopCommerce and HiveMind.