Elastic Search Jar hell when running Gradle cleanpullcomptest

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here as within the last couple months I started a new job as a moqui developer. I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.

When running Gradle cleanpullcomptest I am getting the error below. At the start of the Task: Load, Elastic Search ToolFactory starts clean but during the Task: runtime:component:myComponent:test Elastic search gives the error. Any help would be appreciated.

08:35:30.249 ERROR Test worker .moqui.i.c.ExecutionContextFactoryImpl Error initializing ToolFactory ElasticSearch
java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to load plugin reindex due to jar hell
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.checkBundleJarHell(PluginsService.java:611) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.2.jar:6.3.2]

Hi, Best way to fix this error is remove elastic search folder and run downloadElasticSearch task , this task automatically download and set elastic search in project and then run moqui ,
this is my approach to fix this problem before

2 Likes

This will remove any log data or search entities, that is stored in elastic search, but should still retain the logs from any log files.

1 Like

Yes, maybe keep both log and data folder and not delete these folder fix the problem !!! maybe

1 Like

Alright let me know if you need help

1 Like

The error you’re encountering seems to be related to a jar conflict issue within Elasticsearch, possibly caused by incompatible versions or conflicting dependencies. You might want to check and ensure that the dependencies are properly managed and that there are no conflicting versions.