Chat / Collaboration tools

Has anyone integrated any tools with Moqui for internal collaboration, customer support, etc?
I was primarily thinking about this as a nice feature to have available directly within the application to provide support. But it could be useful for internal collaboration as well. Most companies are using something like Slack and are often used to facilitate manual steps in a business process.
If you have any ideas for tools please respond to this thread. Here is what I have come up with so far:
Jami - peer to peer, no central server required and supports all the expected features of a modern collaboration platform (IM, audo / video calls, group chats, etc), open source
Rocket.chat - looks like more of a commercial open source model, community edition with limited features. Connects to many other messaging platforms (Facebook messenger, Twitter, Telegram, etc) and has some features tailored to customer service teams.
Pidgen - GPL license, supports many protocols and long list of plugins for just about any tool out there. Chat only, no video, voice, file sharing, etc.

If the goal is simply in app customer support that could limit and simplify the scope.

2 Likes

I would take a serious look at matrix which is a protocol for this problem. It already has an ecosystem around it and can talk to just most common chat clients. It also would be good for internal communication as it’s encrypted and handles privacy well.

Parallel to jami is jitsi which is used by rocket.chat and matrix.

There’s various other help desk and communication tools that I’ve found here.

If I were doing this in realistically / conservatively I would start small before adopting 3rd party dependencies. Use WeCreate’s Message screen, start by connecting it with sms, and then use the platform’s API that you need to connect to (such as slack). Use the same or similar data model for internal communication as in WeCreate.

Hopefully that’s helpful

2 Likes

This is a good topic for our next community call. I agree on starting small and avoiding any third party dependencies.

1 Like

Followed your info, Idid a a little research.

Server: rocky linux 8
matrix server: dendrite. Get code from github
, then Follow the instruction on official site. Up and running.
ios matrix client: syphon
Embeddable web piece: chatter. Download code from github. Change the code to call login with accesstoken instead of register new matrix account because of some register trouble. Write 2 services of registering and login though direct call to dendrite admin api. Then, whenever moqui user logins, call service of login to matix to get access token and deviceid. Then render them to javascript block on page. Let chatter get those info, then chatter get up and running.

currently if in running the browser cache get cleared somehow, chatter will get into trouble because of error on operating on session. Refreshing page makes it up and running again

That is all

managed to get it up and running.
if interested, click and take a look
www.gigglydeals.net

and the strategy has been changed a little abit:
moqui will send a known matrix users username and password to chatter, then chatter use it to login, and invites a known matrix use who is supposed to answer the talking request.
To use this login method in chatter, you may have to either call querylogin or write your own function which return a object the login method needs as a parameter, the self defined function is like this:

// ************************ compy the following function into hdrogen.cjs.js and hydrogen.es.js under node modulers ******************
// … and to run yarn start, copy it to hydrogen-view-sdk.js under node modulers
// ************************ search _parseLoginOptions will find those 3 files
getPasswordLoginMethod(homeserver) {
const result = { homeserver };
result.password = (username, password) => new PasswordLoginMethod({ homeserver, username, password });
return result
}

Have fun coding!

I have integrated moqui in one project with openfire and I think that’s a powerful combo. Openfire is an XMPP server written in java, furthermore you can embed the database into moqui using the entity facade.

So compatibility in terms of java (openfire) and xml (xmpp protocol) makes it a nice fit. There are many servers and clients and I think the performance and architecture are compatible and robust.