Can the "transition" attribute value of the form be defined according to a certain condition?

When I write a form, I want to define the “transition” attribute value according to a certain condition. For example, if “map” is not empty, “transition = updatexxx”, if it is empty, “transition = createxxx”. What should I do?

1 Like

You can use variable in transition such as transition="${myTransition}"

1 Like

be careful!!!
the variables have to be defined in an <always action>. Here are the docs for reference (i never though i would be saying these words regarding moqui).

Tag name: always-actions
Description : These actions always run when this screen appears in a screen path, including both screen rendering and transition running. One difference between this and the pre-actions element is that this runs before transitions are processed while pre-actions do not. The always-actions also run for all screens in a path while the pre-actions only run for screens that will be rendered.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for your reply! I will pay attention to what you said.

FWIW, the transitions can have an actions section…and conditional-response…i.e. if you want to return to different locations. It may be more clear to handle the conditional action inside a single transition.

One thing to remember…Moqui effectively adds in-map=“context” and out-map=“context” to the service-call if it is there instead of an actions block. If using an actions-block, you need to control the in-map and out-map yourself

e.g. from BulkPaymentCheck.xml in SimpleScreens

<transition name="handleSubmit">
        <actions>
            <if condition="setDelivered"><then>
                <service-call name="update#mantle.account.payment.Payment" in-map="context + [statusId:'PmntDelivered']" multi="true"/>
            </then>
            <else-if condition="setAuthorized">
                <service-call name="update#mantle.account.payment.Payment" in-map="context + [statusId:'PmntAuthorized']" multi="true"/>
            </else-if><else-if condition="setRefNums">
                <service-call name="mantle.account.PaymentServices.assign#BankAccountCheckNumber" in-map="context" multi="true"/>
            </else-if><else>
                <script><![CDATA[
                    paymentIds = new StringBuilder()
                    for (int i = 0; ; i++) {
                        if ((context.get("_useRowSubmit") == "true" || context.get("_useRowSubmit_" + i) == "true")
                                && context.get("_rowSubmit_" + i) != "true") continue
                        String curKey = "paymentId_" + i
                        if (context.containsKey(curKey)) {
                            if (paymentIds.length() > 0) paymentIds.append(",")
                            paymentIds.append(context.get(curKey))
                        } else { break }
                    }
                ]]></script>
            </else></if>
        </actions>
        <conditional-response url="${ec.web.getWebappRootUrl(false, null)}/fop/apps/${appRoot}/Accounting/Payment/PaymentCheck" url-type="plain">
            <condition><expression>checksPdf</expression></condition>
            <parameter name="paymentIds" from="paymentIds"/><parameter name="filename" value="PaymentChecks.pdf"/>
        </conditional-response>
        <conditional-response url="${ec.web.getWebappRootUrl(false, null)}/fop/apps/${appRoot}/Accounting/Payment/PaymentDetail" url-type="plain">
            <condition><expression>detailsPdf</expression></condition>
            <parameter name="paymentIds" from="paymentIds"/><parameter name="filename" value="PaymentDetails.pdf"/>
        </conditional-response>
        <default-response url="."/>
    </transition>

Also, separately, note that store#xxx would do create#xxx or update#xxx where xxx is an entity name, so you might be able to just replace it with that instead if that is all you are trying to do.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply!
I will pay attention to what you said.